Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Time doesn't just fly, it rockets

So here it is, the last deep breath before the craziness. I'm sitting here alone waiting for the LUC to pick up our first Aussie wedding guest from the airport. From now till the baby's born we'll have at least one house guest staying here. It's been busy, so very busy despite quiting my full time job and taking one running a bike co-op's repair shop for 6 hours a day. I was leaving the bookstore anyway and playing with bikes for a summer sounded great. This is literally the end of my already skimpy free time.

We're just 11 days from the wedding and around 29 to the due date and 75 days from packing up the house and going to Colorado Springs for 3 weeks. I'm going to attend Barnett's school for bike mechanics there and then we're off to Australia for 8 months to stay with the new grandparents. Just looking at that last sentence makes me tired.

Anyway, I can't imagine I have any regular readers left, but if I do here's a little bone:

www.steveandclaire.net

I've made a point to be anonymous but really that's just an affectation these days. I'm self-censoring to the point that I'm not going to offend anyone in my daily life anymore. My mother reads this after all.

I'm not giving up on blogging yet. I do find great satisfaction in the whole thing, when I have the time that is. I'm sure I'm going to have plenty to say about the wedding and the birth of our child so I'll be back. Hopefully soon. Wish us well.

Oh, and to answer the most common question we get: no we don't know the sex. Really, we're hoping mostly for a human. You see, there's these three hours that the LUC is missing and all her credit cards have been demagnetized....so we're keeping our fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Doug said...

I wish you both well, or should I say all three of you. Have fun with the wedding and keep us updated!

Coelecanth said...

Thanks Doug. I can't wait for the wedding it's going to be so much fun and such a relief to finally get there. We're going to have bike races instead of a garter/bouquet toss and my band is going to play. Yup, I'm playing my own wedding. Because it's on Bastille Day (The French National Holiday which marked the end of the French Revolution) my bandmate's are going to dress up as French revolutionaries with me in my wedding finery looking the the aristocrat off the guillotine. Such supportive friends I've got. :)

Yokota Fritz said...

Hey I still read you! (even if it is nearly a week later). I should probably be more anonymous -- I post photos online and people comment "Hey, I recognize that bike!" Best wishes for you on everything that happens. Drink lots of water while you're in Colorado and take advantage of the time there to climb a few mountains.