Saturday, November 12, 2005

Notice


THE E LEVATORS S eamy Y ellow U nderbelly (Independent)
Two songs, both clocking in at under two-and-a-half minutes, both instrumental garage-band takedowns of familiar numbers. It's hard to say which one is more appealing--the speedy, surf punk wind up of that old Sesame Street sing-a-long classic, "R ubber
D uckie," or the slightly ridiculous lurch through "F rankie and
J ohnny." Probably the most conceptually-perfect EP you'll hear all year.

T om M urray
From See Magazine (a free weekly arts paper)

Hmmp. I think that while F + J is slightly ridiculous but it might not seem so if it'd been mixed properly. The point of the tune is to show off E's drumming but she's too quiet in the mix. I'm not sure how conceptually perfect the thing is, although the cover art is brilliant. P has a knack for that stuff, but how can it be conceptually perfect when we really didn't have a concept?

Ah well, it's not for sale and we don't have any gigs lined up so the review is purely for our enjoyment, and truth be told: it did give me a little thrill. Oh and in the interests of full disclosure: Tom is an old friend.

If anyone has the slightest interest I'll mail you a free copy, assuming I can pry one out of P's clutching hands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely must have one of your newly published CDs. I am so excited for you. I'll e-mail you my address.

Hey... I just got back from an awesome five days in New York city. I haven't laughed so much in a very long time. I saw and heard some very inspiring art, and I might have a gig there. Nothing like having friends who are well connected.

I'm definitely over my artist crisis.

:)
d-ray (o' hope)

Coelecanth said...

Hey d-ray, your CD is on its way. Sorry about the delay, P is guarding them like they're actually worth something. :)